Sandals Royal Plantation – Butler Service in Every Suite
Sandals Royal Plantation in Jamaica is a small, elegant boutique hotel located next door to Sandals Ochi in Ocho Rios, 90 minutes from the Montego Bay Airport. It comes with an interesting historical back story in that it originally opened in in 1957 as the Plantation Inn, a “sister” hotel to the adjacent Jamaica Inn, originally part of the sprawling Coconut Grove Estate.
All accommodations at Sandals Royal Plantation are ocean front with spacious Junior Suites and One Bedroom Suites featuring Butler Service and 24 in-suite dining. Some suites offer walk-out balconies for outdoor seating and some feature French balconies with overstuffed easy chairs for comfortable in-room ocean views. My suggestions:
- Great House Oceanfront Butler Suite (room code LR)
- Royal Oceanfront One Bedroom Butler Suite (room code 1R) with a window over the Roman Tub featuring a private view of the Caribbean Sea
Unlike other Sandals resorts, Royal Plantation has only three restaurant choices. However good things come in small packages.
- Royal Grill, located beachside, offers casual dining with a variety of light menu items.
- The Terrace, with both inside and outside dining, features International, Caribbean and Mediterranean cuisine.
- Le Papillion offers the very best in French dining.
- Located within Le Papillion is the ‘C’ Bar specializing in the finest selection of sparkling wines and caviar’s.
Afternoon tea ocean side on the terrace at 4pm is a refreshing break.
TIP: For more activity, restaurants, bars and larger pools, Sandals Ochi is only steps away. Royal Plantation guests have free access to that larger, busier resort, however Ochi guests may not visit Royal Plantation.
by Molly Sumption, Caribbean Honeymoon / Sandals Expert, Seattle & Portland / subscribe to RSS feed